December Favorites & Flops

Favorites flops clarins avalon cattier rimmel tarte chanel illamasqua

It is time for the December favorites over on the blog. As usual, I have some flops to show you so let's start!

Favorites flops clarins avalon cattier rimmel tarte chanel illamasqua

Makeup 

Chanel Soleil Tan Bronzing Powder 

I completely forgot about this bronzer until last month when I realized I needed a tan. I'm not into the contouring trend, I prefer applying the bronzer for a sun-kissed look with subtlety. This bronzer is perfect for that. It is a matte with a hint of shimmer inside but it doesn't really show on the face. I have the shade 63 Terre Ambre which is not too dark for my skin tone so it adds dimension without being too obvious.

Illamasqua Pure Pigment in #Ore

I'm not going to tell you much about it since I'm preparing a review but wow. Just wow. I already love Illamasqua but the second I swatched the pure pigments I was staring at them with awe. It is a very pigmented metallic bronze slash dark gold. I am the kind of girl who wear shimmer eyeshadows day and night, I just love it. The pure pigment is completely buildable since you can use it dry or wet depending on the color intensity you want. Ore is a gorgeous shade.


Tarte Golden days & Sultry Nights palette

Remember the review I made about this palette here? My opinion hasn't changed since then. I rediscovered it on December and I do like the color combo and shimmer eyeshadows.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes mascara

Here is the first flop! Not a total fail but I'm not fond of this mascara despite everything. First of all, I generally prefer large fluffy brushes because I believe they have a better grip on my short lashes. This one is too thin for me. Second thing is its formula: I feel like the product coats my lashes and makes them sticky which is really annoying when removing the makeup. I guess it has to do with the fact that it's waterproof because it is a hassle to remove and lashes tend to fall out.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Primer

Another flop. I find the milky texture too greasy, I feel like I do have an extra layer on my face (which is basically the case but I'm not necessarily looking forward to feeling it). Also, it is said it increases foundation wear for up to 8 hours. Not at all really. I barely see the difference with or without this primer. So then the hunt for the best primer has officially started!


Cattier Cleansing Micellar Solution

You know I love Cattier (see here), to me it is one of the best French brands in the market. Unfortunately, this micellar solution just doesn't make it. Well, at least as a makeup remover: it removes the face very well but it is a total fail on the eyes area. It doesn't remove well eyeshadows, mascaras, liners etc. The more the makeup is pigmented, the less this micellar solution is effective. The great thing is its fragrance-free and alcohol-free formula so now I use it as a face cleanser and it's perfect for that.


Favorites flops clarins avalon cattier rimmel tarte chanel illamasqua


Cosmetics & Skin Care

Clarins Eau des Jardins fragrance

Eau des Jardins smells sunny days, citrus fruits and rose. It is fresh like a morning healthy breakfast in a lush garden. Strictly speaking, it is not a perfume but an uplifting treatment fragrance that has calming properties. I would call it a 'well-being fragrance' since I can't deny it is indeed relaxing and delicate to the nose. However, it's not long-lasting on the skin so I spray over my clothes. It's not a 'real' perfume, I often wear it when I'm home. I love the smell of it.

Avalon Organics Revitalizing Eye Cream

I told you about this cream on Instagram few weeks ago, I still use it and love it! Not only the ingredients are 'clean' but also its consistency is light yet deeply moisturizing. It also feels fresh on the eye area.

Random


The favorite of December in the random category is this pack of candles. I usually don't go for original smells but a friend of mine made this gift to me and I was really surprise. It smells tomato but it's not strong and sickening. It's like spicy tomato, kind of. Very original and nice. I  I don't even know the brand but the candles are sold in Centre Point.

Comments