Review | Huda Beauty Liquid Matte


Hello, how are you? I have been away from the blog for a while but it didn't stop me from buying beauty stuff so let's get to the point... I tend to be sceptical when a blogger/Youtuber/influencer launches a makeup line because the collaborations often end up being of cheap quality yet for a high price (can we talk about the Too Faced/Nikkie Tutorial's palette drama?).

This is how I felt for Huda Beauty liquid matte lipsticks. I even got more sceptical when I saw all the hype around the launch. Everything was said to be sold out so when I went to Sephora the day after, I was surprised there were still many in stock - except for Bombshell which is the most popular shade of the brand. Anyhow, as soon as I swatched one I knew it would worth the purchase.

I have four shades:
- Video Star: a bright/pop pink
- Gossip Gurl: a cool-toned yet light rose
- Trophy Wife: a true dusty rose with a slight raspberry undertone
- Medusa: a dusty mauve, very different from what I use to wear - my favorite!

I made a short video about them in French but even if you don't understand, check it out if you want to see the swatches on my arm and how Trophy Wife looks like on my lips. ;)


The color range is great as anyone can find a shade that will suit them. However, I am glad I swatched all the colors because they are very different from how they look like out of the tube. I am putting the official swatch picture at the end of this post for your easy reference.

The texture of these matte lipsticks is incredibly soft and lightweight. You don't even feel it on your lips. It is also not drying so it doesn't leave any uncomfortable feeling for a few hours - unless you applied more than two layers, then the dry feeling is unpleasant. Speaking of which, the lipsticks started to fade after around 4 hours from the bottom of my lips, which is perfectly fine. The formula is wonderful.

The pigmentation is excellent. One layer is enough if you want something discrete, two layers show the full potential of the shade.

Swatch in natural light. From L to R: Video Start / Gossip Gurl / Trophy Wife / Medusa

Overall, as a comparison, Kat Von D Everlasting liquid lipsticks thicker and dry faster on the lips. I even slightly prefer Huda Beauty lipsticks to Anastasia Beverly Hills counterparts in terms of formula. But I find those three to have an equally excellent pigmentation.

Huda Beauty liquid matte lipsticks are available on her official website and on Sephora US. If you are lucky to be in the UAE, you can find them in Dubai (Mall of the Emirates and Dubai mall) and also in Yas Mall, Abu Dhabi.

The official swatch picture:


Voilà!

Comments